Friday 11 September 2009

Styling a head scarf

A lot of you have asked me on how to wear the different styles of head scarfs that you have seen on my models. I plan to do a step by step procedure next time when I have a photo shoot so that those interested can try out the different styles.

But just for your knowledge, I simply experiment a lot on the previous day of a shoot on any one of my friends whose head is free :P mostly poor Nadia gets caught up as I try stunts on her!

Style Tip: Accessorize your head scarf!


Here I have used a bronze sequins flower on a plain blue silk scarf.

You can also buy cute head bands to jazz up any plain scarf. Check out the Coach Daphne Headbands at US $ 148, a must have accessory to add glamor to your head scarf or to fix a bad hair day.

I also saw this really cool site that showcases excellent ideas of wearing Hijab :)
http://www.trendyhijab.com/howto.html



Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are SO gorgeous! I really like what you did to your headscarf! So you are going to do a tutorial on it? Because I would love to know how! I always admired headscarves but I don't think I'm smart enough to figure it out myself... :/

    Thank you for your comment on my blog!!! :)

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elaine for your lovely comment! I loved your blog too :)) and that's not me, its one of my pretty models ;) I just started a clothing line - Farashati - Blending Style with modesty.

    I will keep you informed about the tutorial....coming up soooon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you draped your hijab, i usually just tie it pretty simply in the arab style..

    madamjill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sweetie, just saw your blog.....Masha Allah very nice :) this hijab style is very easy to do and takes hardly 5 min. I will do a pictorial presentation soon on how to tie it up :)) watch this space!

    ReplyDelete